Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


The smell of freshly baked breakfast bread in bakeries have always enticed me to go in and try their bread. I have always wanted to bake my own breakfast bread with all the nice ingredients they use in the bakeries. Today I would like to share my latest baking creation. The bread turned out really nice and crispy and is perfect with my morning cuppa.

Breakfast Bread with Ham, Egg and Cheese

Yields 2 breads

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
  • Lukewarm water to make dough
  • 50g sliced ham, cut into pieces
  • 2 eggs
  • Small onion, chopped
  • Cheese, sliced or small pieces (I used flavoured cheese. Any cheese will do.)
  • Sesame seeds
Preparation:
    Breakfast Bread with Ham, Egg and Cheese
  • Mix flour, salt and dry yeast together in a bowl.
  • Add lukewarm water to the mixture just enough to form a dough. Knead for couple of minutes. Cover the bowl with a clean cloth. Let it rest for about an hour.
  • Knead the dough again for about 4-5 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and flatten them with your fingers until the thickness is about 1cm.
  • Let the dough rest for 40 mins to an hour.
  • Oil the baking tray. Place the flattened dough on the baking tray.
  • About 2cm from the edges, press the dough lightly with your finger-tips to form a crust.
  • Top up the dough with ham and onion. Break eggs in the centre. Top it up with cheese. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
  • Brush the edges with egg white.
Breakfast Bread with Ham, Egg and CheeseBreakfast Bread with Ham, Egg and Cheese
  • Bake it in a pre-heated oven of 250C for about 15 minutes or until the crust is brown.


15 comments:

    Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...
    this is pure genius my family will love this and so will I thanks for sharing!
  1. ... on January 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM  
  2. Biren @ Roti n Rice said...
    I would love that for breakfast. Looks great!
  3. ... on January 30, 2011 at 1:51 PM  
  4. Peggy said...
    This sounds so amazing! Good thing it's still breakfast/brunch time!
  5. ... on January 31, 2011 at 4:20 AM  
  6. Jara said...
    This would be so great for breakfast. Never really thought of baking something like this. Definitely seems like worth all the effort :)
  7. ... on January 31, 2011 at 4:42 AM  
  8. Mary Bergfeld said...
    I was going to say there's no better breakfast in the world when I saw the bread you made it on. This really looks fabulous. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary
  9. ... on January 31, 2011 at 10:49 AM  
  10. Marisa said...
    Seriously loving this bread - the sesame seeds is the perfect finishing touch. Wouldn't mind this even for supper...
  11. ... on February 1, 2011 at 1:17 AM  
  12. Magic of Spice said...
    These look so wonderful, what a perfect breakfast or any time meal really :)
  13. ... on February 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM  
  14. Elisabeth said...
    Such a genius idea for a delicious breakfast that is also elegant at the same time.Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Love the photos, as well...a must try, bookmarking it!

    BTW-I have an award for you to pick up. Just stop by my blog, and check for the last couple previous post. Your name is on the list.
    Congratulations!...after all this time, sorry, I don't know your first name, so I could have added it to it!
  15. ... on February 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM  
  16. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Enjoyed all the comments! I really appreciate...

    @Elisabeth: Thanks for enjoying my recipe. No I couldn't find the award. Could you send me a link to your blog post?
  17. ... on February 6, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
  18. Anonymous said...
    I love the smell of fresh baked bread and what a great idea to use it for this breakfast. Pls remember to include the button linking back to Saturday Swap. Thx a bunch!
  19. ... on February 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM  
  20. Unknown said...
    I love this, LOVE LOVE...found you at the saturday swap
  21. ... on February 19, 2011 at 7:16 AM  
  22. Torviewtoronto said...
    lovely presentation
  23. ... on February 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM  
  24. Unknown said...
    That looks so tasty!
  25. ... on February 19, 2011 at 6:24 PM  
  26. sarahworldcook said...
    I love this recipe!! It looks so good.

    Congratulations! I have passed the Stylish Blog Award on to you. Please check out the link for further information.

    Looking forward to seeing more good food from you!

    http://homestyleworldcook.blogspot.com
  27. ... on March 2, 2011 at 12:40 PM  
  28. sarahworldcook said...
    Congratulations- I passed the Stylish Blog Award on to you. I also forgot to post the link ;) Here it is for more details-- http://homestyleworldcook.blogspot.com/2011/03/award-and-other-thoughts-on-blogging.html
  29. ... on March 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.