The smell of freshly baked breakfast bread in bakeries have always enticed me to go in and try their bread. I have always wanted to bake my own breakfast bread with all the nice ingredients they use in the bakeries. Today I would like to share my latest baking creation. The bread turned out really nice and crispy and is perfect with my morning cuppa.
Yields 2 breads
- 1 and 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- Lukewarm water to make dough
- 50g sliced ham, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- Small onion, chopped
- Cheese, sliced or small pieces (I used flavoured cheese. Any cheese will do.)
- Sesame seeds
- Mix flour, salt and dry yeast together in a bowl.
- Add lukewarm water to the mixture just enough to form a dough. Knead for couple of minutes. Cover the bowl with a clean cloth. Let it rest for about an hour.
- Knead the dough again for about 4-5 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and flatten them with your fingers until the thickness is about 1cm.
- Let the dough rest for 40 mins to an hour.
- Oil the baking tray. Place the flattened dough on the baking tray.
- About 2cm from the edges, press the dough lightly with your finger-tips to form a crust.
- Top up the dough with ham and onion. Break eggs in the centre. Top it up with cheese. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Brush the edges with egg white.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven of 250C for about 15 minutes or until the crust is brown.