Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I first tried fried ox tongue while I was young. It has a chewy texture. I found the ox tongue in a Chinese butcher shop. They are large and weigh more than a kilo.


  • Wash the ox tongue properly. 
  • In a large pot or a wok, boil the ox tongue for nearly half an hour, turning it frequently.

  • Remove it from the pot and let it cool.
  • Peel the topmost layer with a knife.
  • Cut it into thin slices.
  • Fry it in a pan for about 2-3 minutes each side. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and crack some peppers.
  • Do not over-fry it. This will make it go hard.
  • This will make a good accompaniment with wine, beer or any kind of drink.


0 comments:

All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.