Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I first tried fried ox tongue while I was young. It has a chewy texture. I found the ox tongue in a Chinese butcher shop. They are large and weigh more than a kilo.


  • Wash the ox tongue properly. 
  • In a large pot or a wok, boil the ox tongue for nearly half an hour, turning it frequently.

  • Remove it from the pot and let it cool.
  • Peel the topmost layer with a knife.
  • Cut it into thin slices.
  • Fry it in a pan for about 2-3 minutes each side. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and crack some peppers.
  • Do not over-fry it. This will make it go hard.
  • This will make a good accompaniment with wine, beer or any kind of drink.


0 comments:

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.