I first tried fried ox tongue while I was young. It has a chewy texture. I found the ox tongue in a Chinese butcher shop. They are large and weigh more than a kilo.
- Wash the ox tongue properly.
- In a large pot or a wok, boil the ox tongue for nearly half an hour, turning it frequently.
- Remove it from the pot and let it cool.
- Peel the topmost layer with a knife.
- Cut it into thin slices.
- Fry it in a pan for about 2-3 minutes each side. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and crack some peppers.
- Do not over-fry it. This will make it go hard.
- This will make a good accompaniment with wine, beer or any kind of drink.