Perfect for a quick meal, these stuffed banana chillies are very easy to prepare. Only a few easy steps towards this simple creative dish with wonderful flavours.
- 4 banana chillies
- 250-300g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Half onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or 1 fresh tomato finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Chop off the heads of the banana chillies and remove the seeds from inside. Make sure the insides of the banana chillies are clean.
- Wash them thoroughly. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan in medium heat. Fry chopped onions until browned. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Add beef mince, salt, cumin and turmeric. Cook until the mince gets brown.
- Stuff the banana chillies with mince. Make sure the mince is compressed inside the chillies.
- Lightly oil the surface of the banana chillies and put them inside a pre-heated oven at 250°C for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.