Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I usually prepare this easy and healthy salad for dinner. I think soya balls are versatile ingredient that goes well with anything. For vegetarians, it is a great substitution for meat. I also use soya balls in dumplings. If you want to make vegetarian dumplings, soya balls can certainly enhance the texture and flavour of your dumpling fillings.

Chicken and Soya Ball Salad

Soya Balls
Soya Balls
Ingredients:
Chicken and Soya Ball Salad
  • 400 - 500g chicken thigh fillet, cut into small pieces
  • A handful of soya balls
  • 2-3 strips of spring onion, cut in about 2 inches long
  • 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
  • 1 tsp of sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Chilli powder to taste
Preparation:
  • Soak soya balls in hot water for about 5 minutes until the soya balls get soft. Then squeeze the water out.
  • Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan. Fry soya balls for 4-5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Keep it aside.
  • Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan. Fry the chicken until they are well cooked. Add some salt while frying the chicken. Add the red capsicums and fry them lightly.
Chicken and Soya Ball Salad
  • In a large bowl, put all the ingredients and mix them well.


20 comments:

    Torviewtoronto said...
    lovely combination
    check out my event food palette series purple
  1. ... on June 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM  
  2. Food Glorious Food! said...
    Yeah soya balls indeed versatile.. especially great in any type of stir fry dish :)
  3. ... on June 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM  
  4. Reva said...
    I love this combo of chicken and soya.. the veggies are an added bonus.. I love this :)
    Reva
  5. ... on June 5, 2011 at 4:48 PM  
  6. Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...
    I have never cooked soy balls before, next time I must buy some if I happen to see this. Thanks for sharing.
  7. ... on June 5, 2011 at 9:56 PM  
  8. megi said...
    What a wonderful combination of ingredients. I love meal type salads this time of the year, looks delicous.
  9. ... on June 6, 2011 at 11:08 AM  
  10. Lisa said...
    That looks absolutely delicious.
  11. ... on June 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM  
  12. Somewhere in Singapore said...
    Dinner time coming, drooling liao...
  13. ... on June 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM  
  14. Jenn said...
    I'll have to look for these today when I go shopping. The recipe looks fantastic and versitile too. I could see substituting a wide variety of meat and veggies based on what I have on hand.
  15. ... on June 7, 2011 at 12:33 AM  
  16. Veronica's Kitchen said...
    It's simple, easy and healthy! I can have this everyday!
  17. ... on June 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM  
  18. Magic of Spice said...
    I love the flavors here! I have never tried Soya Balls but will want to look around for them :)
  19. ... on June 7, 2011 at 10:04 AM  
  20. Elisabeth said...
    Such a delicious combination of the chicken, veggies, and soya balls. I've never tried soya balls, and would like to find where to purchase it!
  21. ... on June 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM  
  22. Angie's Recipes said...
    This looks absolutely delectable! Love the flavours.
  23. ... on June 7, 2011 at 2:26 PM  
  24. Joyti said...
    I used to eat those soya balls (we call them soy chucks or by the brand-name Nutella sometimes) a couple times a week. I'd forgotten about them.
    The dish does look very good, nice and fresh and light. Yum!
  25. ... on June 7, 2011 at 4:17 PM  
  26. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks for the comments. If you are wondering where to find the Soya Balls, I bought them from an Indian grocery. Like Indie.Tea mentioned above, I think there was that brand and also some other brands.
  27. ... on June 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM  
  28. Marla said...
    I am in love with the idea of this flavorful chicken!
    Please pop over if you would like to add up to 3 recipes to our entree week of Get Grillin'. We would love to have you :) http://su.pr/17fizq
  29. ... on June 26, 2011 at 12:34 AM  
  30. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks Marla! I will try to add my recipe there.
  31. ... on June 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM  
  32. melonpan said...
    wow that meal looks very delicous. Now i am hungry T.T i have book the receipe, i will try it out^^ i like healthy food
  33. ... on July 11, 2011 at 7:00 AM  
  34. Suman Singh said...
    I love this combo of chicken and soya chunks....salad looks great and healthy for us..
  35. ... on July 14, 2011 at 5:13 AM  
  36. Pavithra Elangovan said...
    Wow love this recipe..soy balls in salad love the idea..looks so colorful and looks yumm :)
  37. ... on July 28, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
  38. Khalil Alsalman said...
    I love this combination of ingredients. It looks delicious.
  39. ... on December 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.