My husband loves cheesecake. He especially loves cheesecakes baked at home. To give him a surprise, I made this cheesecake for his birthday.
I used fresh lemon juice, fresh orange, cocoa powder, cream cheese and condensed milk to create this masterpiece. :) Hope you'll find this recipe interesting. Feel free to share your views.
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 375ml condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g plain biscuits, finely crushed
- 100g margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- In a bowl, mix crushed biscuits and melted margarine.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly brush a springform pan with melted margarine.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into the pan and spread it to form a thin uniform layer.
- Put the pan in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to set the biscuit layer.
- In a sauce pan, boil orange juice and sugar to form a thick syrup. Put it aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, make a thick paste of cocoa powder by adding few drops of water.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes. Using your electric beaters, whisk the cream cheese until it gets smooth.
- Add condensed milk and lemon juice in the whisked cream cheese and continue whisking to form a smooth batter.
- Add beaten eggs half at a time into the batter and mix well with a spatula. Be aware not to overdo the mixture otherwise you will end up with air bubbles in your batter.
- Take out the springform pan from the fridge. Wrap the bottom with the aluminium foil.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Using a spoon, pour the cocoa paste and orange syrup on the top.
- Fill a large baking tray with about 2-3 inches hot water. Put the springform pan on the baking tray. Bake for an hour.
- Take out the baked cheesecake from the oven and let it cool in room temperature. Then put it in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours before serving.