Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


It is summer here in Sydney now. I usually don't have a good appetite during summer. I just feel like eating something cold and easy to prepare. I came up with this salad which is spicy, sour and refreshing. I think this salad is ideal for hot weather. It is extremely easy to prepare with only few easy steps. You can enjoy it with bread or on its own.



 Ingredients:
  • 4 large potatoes
  • 1 medium size onion, sliced
  • 1 long green chilli, cut into small pieces
  • 1 teaspoon chilli powder
  • Salt as you desire
  • 1 teaspoon crushed ginger and garlic
  • A pinch of turmeric powder (for adding that extra colour)
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preparation:
  • Boil the potatoes until they are soft. Peel them and cut in cubes.
  • In a large mixing bowl, put the sliced onions and separate the layers. Add potatoes, green chilli and rest of the above ingredients.
  • Mix them well. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving so that all the flavours are well absorbed into the potatoes. You can garnish with fresh coriander or spring onions.


17 comments:

    Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...
    looks terrific!
  1. ... on November 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
  2. Mary Bergfeld said...
    It looks wonderful and I'll wager it tastes as good as it looks. I love heat and spice with sweet potatoes so this is a great recipe for the likes of me. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary
  3. ... on November 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
  4. Effie (: said...
    Nice! Must've tasted delicious!
  5. ... on November 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM  
  6. Prathima Rao said...
    I love any dish wid potatoes!!Ur dish looks real tempting!!
  7. ... on November 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
  8. Yesim said...
    looks so good, this s my mum s special sunday breakfast meal:)
  9. ... on November 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM  
  10. Cookin' Canuck said...
    Turmeric, chili powder, and sesame oil? I'm sold! This is a wonderful take on regular potato salad.
  11. ... on November 15, 2010 at 2:59 AM  
  12. Magic of Spice said...
    Summer there? Wow, I had no idea...Fall here,but as I am in California it is currently Spring, lol
    Love this potato dish, such fantastic flavors :)
    Very nice!
  13. ... on November 15, 2010 at 9:23 AM  
  14. Elisabeth said...
    I love potaotes. I have never made this kind of potato salad. This is so unusual, with the chili powder the chili pepper, ginger, and the oils, with lemon juice. I am seriously craving this wonderful potato salad to have in the frig. for a nice side dish!
    Thanks for sharing!
  15. ... on November 16, 2010 at 3:58 AM  
  16. Unknown said...
    Just discovered your lovely blog and now I am following you!
    I suppose I will come back here very soon:)

    very yummy recipe:)
    Have a nice day and if you want come to have a look on my blog:)

    Ciao Barbaraxx
  17. ... on November 17, 2010 at 12:00 AM  
  18. briarrose said...
    Wonderful. I love the flavor mix.
  19. ... on November 17, 2010 at 3:18 AM  
  20. Chef Bee said...
    Great recipe, enjoy your summer.

    Plan B
  21. ... on November 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
  22. Mari Nuñez said...
    Great dish!!! I would love to taste it as soon as I have a chance, I'll make it.
  23. ... on November 17, 2010 at 11:40 PM  
  24. blackbookkitchendiaries said...
    that dish looks so lovely:)
  25. ... on November 18, 2010 at 6:07 AM  
  26. Marisa said...
    Summer has finally arrived on this side - this looks perfect!
  27. ... on November 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM  
  28. tasteofbeirut said...
    Potatoes with spices such as this dish is my favorite way to eat potatoes!
  29. ... on November 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM  
  30. Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...
    this sounds and looks fabulous~ HAve a great holiday!
  31. ... on November 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM  
  32. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I'm glad you all liked this recipe. If you have your own special way of making this, please share.
  33. ... on December 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.