It is summer here in Sydney now. I usually don't have a good appetite during summer. I just feel like eating something cold and easy to prepare. I came up with this salad which is spicy, sour and refreshing. I think this salad is ideal for hot weather. It is extremely easy to prepare with only few easy steps. You can enjoy it with bread or on its own.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 1 long green chilli, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt as you desire
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger and garlic
- A pinch of turmeric powder (for adding that extra colour)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft. Peel them and cut in cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl, put the sliced onions and separate the layers. Add potatoes, green chilli and rest of the above ingredients.
- Mix them well. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving so that all the flavours are well absorbed into the potatoes. You can garnish with fresh coriander or spring onions.