Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


Today I'd like to share with you an unbelievably simple dish. This dish is very nutritious as it contains all the good ingredients such as spinach, soya bean and sesame. It is extremely easy to prepare and delicious to eat. You can use it as an accompaniment with rice or bread.



Ingredients:
  • A bunch of spinach
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoon soya bean powder (read below to learn how to prepare soya bean powder from soya bean)
  • Salt as you desire
  • 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon sesame seed
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Preparing Soya Bean Powder:
  • Heat sauce pan on medium-high.
  • Put a handful of soya bean and heat it stirring regularly until it gets brown.
  • Let it cool. Grind it in your grinder to make soya bean powder.
  • You can also make large amount of soya bean powder and store it in an air-tight container for future use.
Final Preparation:
  • Wash spinach well and put it in boiling water.
  • Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the spinach is little soft but DO NOT overcook.
  • Drain out the water and let the spinach cool.
  • Put the spinach in a mixing bowl. Add soya bean powder, salt, sesame oil and chilli powder. Mix well.
  • Put it on a serving plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.


14 comments:

    Yesim said...
    nice and healthy dish..
  1. ... on November 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
  2. Unknown said...
    Hi,

    A simple and healthy preparation...:)Cheers...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
  3. ... on November 6, 2010 at 9:05 PM  
  4. Lael Hazan @educatedpalate said...
    My daughter didn't understand that most people "don't like spinach" until she tried it on a plane. Before that, she LOVED it. I believe if more people understood how flavorful and easy it is to prepare well, they would enjoy it too. The key is not to cook it to death. Thank you for the reminder.
  5. ... on November 6, 2010 at 11:24 PM  
  6. Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...
    Love the soya bean powder, great idea!! And a perfect way to get extra nutrition into picky kids :)
  7. ... on November 7, 2010 at 1:22 AM  
  8. Cookin' Canuck said...
    This looks very similar to a dish I used to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, but I have never known how to prepare it myself. Thanks so much for this recipe.
  9. ... on November 8, 2010 at 5:03 AM  
  10. Zoe said...
    Simple and delicious! I like it!
  11. ... on November 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM  
  12. ann low said...
    This is definitely delicious and healthy! I can eat this alone with rice. So yum..yum..
  13. ... on November 8, 2010 at 8:44 PM  
  14. Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...
    your preparation of spinach is new to me, it sound so refreshing and good.
  15. ... on November 8, 2010 at 9:43 PM  
  16. Binre @ Roti n Rice said...
    Sounds like a healthy dish. We have soy bean flour here and I wonder if it will be the same by toasting it or dry frying it.
  17. ... on November 9, 2010 at 3:29 AM  
  18. Jenn said...
    I LOVE spinach with seasame oil... I often make a salad dressing out of it for spincah salads... This dish looks good.
  19. ... on November 10, 2010 at 1:40 AM  
  20. MaryMoh said...
    Mmmm...that looks very delicious. I love to coat tang yuen in soya bean powder. Didn't know that they are good for stir fry. I must try next time. Thanks very much for sharing.
  21. ... on November 11, 2010 at 8:40 PM  
  22. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    It's great to see most of you have liked this recipe. Thanks EVERYONE for taking time to post the comments.

    @Lael: Yes overcooking spinach is a recipe for disaster. :)

    @Andrea: Right... not only the picky kids but also the picky adults.

    @Biren: I've never seen or heard of soy bean flour. That's something new to me. Try one recipe with my method and try another with soy bean flour. If they tastes similar, then they are one and the same thing. If I find it, I'm gonna give it a try myself. Thanks for your comment.
  23. ... on November 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM  
  24. Magic of Spice said...
    Love this...I do something similar, but I like this better. Fantastic flavor and seriously healthy good stuff :)
  25. ... on November 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
  26. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    @Magic of Spice: Thanks. I'd like to learn your style of making this dish.
  27. ... on December 17, 2010 at 6:10 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.