Ajwain, also known as carom seeds, is a great home remedy for common cold and cough. Ajwain drink is very easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. My husband had cough a month ago and this drink cured his cough within a day. I don't recommend drinking it more than twice a day as this drink generates a lot of heat.
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- Small piece of ginger
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Boil water on high heat. Add carom seeds, ginger, salt and turmeric powder.
- Continue boiling until the water level reduces to half.
- Pour it in a cup and drink while it's hot.