Baking at home is always very exciting. I like the nice smell of baking around the kitchen. I tried prunes and walnut in my cake. The gooeyness of the prunes and the crunchiness of the walnuts was like a match made in heaven. It was a truly delicious cake which I enjoyed with a cup of coffee for my afternoon snack.
I hope you will like my cake. Let me know what you think about this prune and walnut cake. If you've made something similar, feel free to share the link on the comment below.
- 150g butter
- 2 eggs
- 10-12 dried prunes, cut into small pieces
- A handful of walnut, chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp milk powder (this gives a nice milky flavour to the cake)
- 3-4 tbsp milk for thinning the batter
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Grease your non-stick cake pan with butter or margarine.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and and beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- Add self-raising flour and milk powder and beat well.
- Add prunes and walnuts and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan.
- Bake it for around 35-40 minutes.
- To test if the cake is ready to be taken out, pierce a toothpick or a fork and see if it comes out clean. If not, put it back into the oven for 5 more minutes and repeat the test.