I would like to share with you an accidental recipe that turned out unbelievably delicious. I was trying to make fries for lunch. I wanted the potatoes to be half-boiled but they were over-cooked. So I had to abandon my initial plan. I didn't want to throw away the potatoes. Then I came up with the idea of making fritters with semolina coating. My husband is not a big fan of vegetables but he totally liked the vegetables in the fritters. He liked it so much that he asked me to make it again the next day.
The fritters had a fine crunchiness. Probably the semolina coating gave the fritters this crunchiness. Do you have an accidental recipe story that you would like to share?
Makes about 6-7 fritters
- 1 large potato, boiled
- A handful of shredded carrots
- A handful of thinly sliced cabbage
- Few finely chopped onions
- Salt as desired
- Pepper as desired
- 1 egg, whisked
- Semolina for coating
- Oil for shallow-frying
- Mash the boiled potato. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6-7 equal portions. Make balls and flatten them.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip fritters in egg and coat with semolina evenly in a separate bowl.
- Shallow fry in hot oil until they get brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favourite sauce.