The story of this cake began with an orange in my kitchen. I had to finish the orange but didn't want to eat it. So I thought of making a cake with it. For sweetness, I wanted to try something different. So I thought of using a raspberry jam. I also used cocoa powder, which helps in enhancing the orange and raspberry flavours and also gives a nice colour to the cake. The cake came out really nice and moist. Great with a cup of tea or coffee. What do you think?
- 1 and 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, put margarine and sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. I used electric mixer to do this.
- Add egg to the mixture and mix well.
- Add orange juice, cocoa powder and raspberry jam to the mixture. Mix well until the mixture becomes smooth.
- To the mixture, add flour half at a time and continue mixing.
- Grease the baking tray and pour the mixture evenly.
- Bake it for about 35 minutes. To check if the cake is ready, stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready. If there is cake mix on it, bake for a bit longer and check again.