Home-made truffles are sweet treats for anyone of any age. These are absolutely easy to make and are filled with goodies such as dates and nuts. Truffles can be made in larger quantities and stored in a fridge. I've used scraped chocolate and milk powder for coating the truffles. You may also use cocoa powder, scraped milk chocolate or shredded coconut for coating the truffles.
Makes 5-6 truffles
- 6-7 dates, cut into small pieces
- 100-150g mixed nuts, finely chopped
- 50g chocolate (I used Lindt chocolate bar)
- Milk powder for coating
- Scrape a chocolate bar with a knife. Collect about 1 tablespoon of scraped chocolate.
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and melt them using bain marie method. Keep the melted chocolate aside.
- Mix dates and nuts together. Make small balls by rolling them.
- Coat the balls with the melted chocolate.
- Immediately roll the balls in scraped chocolate or coat with milk powder.
- Put inside the fridge for at least half an hour for setting.