This is a quick, simple and healthy recipe for a weekday dinner. I used basa fillet but you can use any type of fish fillet. Despite this recipe having only a few ingredients, the combination of soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil gives a very nice flavour to the fish fillets. You can serve this with a bowl of steam rice.
- 2 x 100g fish fillets
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 strip of spring onion, finely chopped
- Small piece of ginger, crushed
- 2 slices of lemon
- Place fish fillets in a plate that will fit inside a steamer.
- Pour soy sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil over the fish fillets, then sprinkle with spring onion and ginger.
- Place 2 slices of lemon on top.
- Place the plate inside the steamer and steam, covered for 5–6 minutes.