Soya bean is a great source of protein. It can be consumed in various ways. This is my method of using soya bean in a sauce. Soya bean and tomato sauce is a very tasty sauce which goes with almost everything. I personally like to use it as a dip for dumplings.
- Half a can of tomato (You may also use 2-3 fresh tomatoes, finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Small piece of ginger, crushed
- Handful of soya bean
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder to taste
- Heat sauce pan on medium-high.
- Put a handful of soya bean and heat it stirring regularly until it gets brown.
- Let it cool. Grind it in your grinder to make soya bean powder.
- You can also make large amount of soya bean powder and store it in an air-tight container for future use.
- Heat oil in a saucepan in a medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry until golden.
- Add canned tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are soft. If you are using fresh tomatoes, this process might take a little longer.
- Turn off the heat. Add soya bean powder, salt and chilli and mix well. If you like the sauce a bit thinner, you can add some water to the mixture.