I usually prepare this easy and healthy salad for dinner. I think soya balls are versatile ingredient that goes well with anything. For vegetarians, it is a great substitution for meat. I also use soya balls in dumplings. If you want to make vegetarian dumplings, soya balls can certainly enhance the texture and flavour of your dumpling fillings.
- 400 - 500g chicken thigh fillet, cut into small pieces
- A handful of soya balls
- 2-3 strips of spring onion, cut in about 2 inches long
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder to taste
- Soak soya balls in hot water for about 5 minutes until the soya balls get soft. Then squeeze the water out.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan. Fry soya balls for 4-5 minutes or until they are golden brown. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan. Fry the chicken until they are well cooked. Add some salt while frying the chicken. Add the red capsicums and fry them lightly.
- In a large bowl, put all the ingredients and mix them well.