This spinach and corn pancake is quick and easy to make with simple ingredients available at home. This pancake is great for a quick breakfast or light lunch. You can also add grated vegetables or diced ham to this recipe.
(Yields 2 pancakes)
- Spinach leaves
- Corn kernels
- Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp milk to thin the batter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder for colour (optional)
- Mix flour, egg, milk, turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Beat until it forms a smooth batter. You may need to add more milk if the batter is thick.
- Add corn kernels and onion, and mix well. To remove corn kernels from the cob, hold the cob steady on the chopping board and make downward strokes on the cob using a sharp knife. This will easily separate the kernels from the cob.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan in medium-high. Pour the batter and smooth out with a ladle.
- When the bottom is cooked, add spinach leaves on top and flip over. Heat until cooked.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.