For this baked basa fillet recipe, I made my own homemade pesto with walnuts, olives and spinach leaves instead of the usual garlic, pine nuts and basil. Cover the left-over pesto and leave it in a fridge. You can also use this pesto in bread wraps or mix with pasta.
- 7-8 green olives
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 long red chilli (if you like it hotter, you may add small red chillies)
- Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Basa fillets (you may use any fish fillet)
- Use mortar and pestle to pound all the ingredients for the pesto: olives, walnuts, red chilli, olive oil, baby spinach leaves and pepper. You can also use a food processor to do this.
- Apply a layer of pesto on top of your fillets.
- Put the fillets on greased tray and put inside a moderate oven for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.