I've heard about chicken nuggets being made with mechanically recovered meat (MRM). I've tried making my own chicken nuggets. They are very easy to make with only few ingredients. You have a choice of adding your favourite herbs and spices. My oven baked chicken nuggets are healthier, cheaper and tastier than the store-bought chicken nuggets.
- 350g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 tbsp flour for coating
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Mix chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Mix Italian herbs with bread crumbs.
- Prepare oven tray by spraying with olive oil.
- First coat the chicken with flour. Then coat with egg. Finally coat well with bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken on the oven tray. Spray some olive oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven at 200°C for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.