This ginger duck salad is one of my favourite dishes. Ginger goes really well with duck. With the addition of other ingredients- such as chilli, garlic, turmeric powder and sesame oil, have really enhanced the flavour of this salad. I like to have it with a bowl of rice.
- 500g duck, cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Large piece of ginger (about 3-5cm), crushed
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crused
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder (you may use the fresh chilli)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pan-fry duck pieces with skin side down. This makes the skin crispy and also releases fat from the duck. Cook both sides. If you are using meat with bones, make sure you boil the meat before pan-frying.
- In a mixing bowl, put pan-fried duck meat, red onion, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, chilli powder, turmeric powder, olive oil and sesame oil. Mix well. Let it rest for about 20-30 minutes before serving so that all the flavours come together.
- Arrange tomatoes and cucumber on the serving plate. Serve it cold. You may also serve it with a bowl of rice.