Give a treat to yourself and your family with this delicious milk cake. Texture of this milk cake is soft and simply melts in your mouth. This is one of my favourite cakes. It is simple and has very few ingredients. Try this with your leftover milk in the fridge that is about to expire.
- 5 cups full-cream milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- Put 3 cups of milk in a sauce pan and start boiling in a medium heat.
- Put lemon juice, few drops at a time, and stir. This will curdle the milk.
- Sieve the curd through a cheese-cloth and squeeze the excess water pressing firmly with your hands.
- Remove the curd from the cheese-cloth and rest it on the plate.
- Put the remaining 2 cups of milk in a sauce pan and boil it stirring occasionally in a medium heat.
- Continue boiling until the milk reduces to about 1 cup. Do not turn off the heat. Immediately follow the steps below.
- Put the curd in the reduced milk. Stir the mixture well and continue boiling until the mixture is thickened. It might take about 4-5 minutes.
- Now the mixture is ready to be poured into a container for setting. I used an oblong plastic container. You can also use round container or container of any other shape. The thickness of the cake should be around 1-2 inches. So make sure not to use a large container. Line the container with aluminium foil to make it easier to take the cake out after setting. Pour the mixture into the container.
- Set it in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours. For the best result, set it overnight.
- Remove the cake from the container and decorate as you like. I did a quick and simple decoration. I sprinkled cinnamon powder on top. I also made a sauce by mixing cocoa powder and water and decorated the top of the cake.