I often use fenugreek seeds in my cooking. Fenugreek seeds have a bitter taste and have certain health benefits. Fenugreek seeds are readily available in any South Asian grocery stores.
Making this dish in a pressure cooker reduces the cooking time. You may also make this dish in a pot but you may need to add more water and cook it for a longer time. It can also be made as a vegetarian dish by removing the mince from the recipe.
- 80g fenugreek seeds, soaked overnight
- 50g dried peas, soaked overnight (I used dried green peas)
- 100g mince
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Small piece of ginger, crushed
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt and chilli powder to taste
- 1 cup water
- Wash the soaked fenugreek seeds 2-3 times with cold water and drain it. This will reduce bitterness from the fenugreek seeds.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker in medium heat. Fry the onions, ginger and garlic until they are brown. Add mince and fry until brown.
- Add fenugreek seeds and dried peas. Stir well.
- Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes. Add water and cover the pressure cooker. Cook for about 10 minutes.