This is an easy snack with only a few ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. The cumin powder enhances the flavour of the potato mixture and makes it more delightful. You can enjoy these potato puffs with any type of sauce. These can be enjoyed in lunch or in picnics.
Yields 8 potato puffs
- 4 medium-size potatoes, boiled
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- A handful of chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 sheets of Filo pastry, defrosted
- Mash the potatoes but don't mash them too hard.
- Put potatoes, onion, capsicum and chickpeas in a bowl. Add salt, chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Cut the defrosted Filo pastry into 4 squares.
- Put the potato mixture in the centre of the square pastry.
- Bring the 2 corners together and seal along the edges to form a cone shape.
- Then seal the opening.
- Spray the baking tray with oil. Put the puffs on the tray and brush them with egg wash.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 15-20 minutes or until brown.