This goat meat curry is great for cold winter days. You may find goat meat readily where you live. I bought the goat meat from my local Chinese butcher shop. They keep it frozen but they look all right. I also found it a while ago in an Indian grocery store. They were available with or without bone. I prefer the one with bones and skin on as it gives the curry a good flavour.
- 500g of goat meat
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt as desired
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of meat masala
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 whole cardamon pods
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 3 strips of corriander
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic or garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger or ginger paste
I will show you the steps in a pressure cooker. If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can cook it in a deep pot. You may need to cook it for about 45 minutes in a medium heat and you may need to add more water.
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker.
- Crack bay leaves, mustard seeds and cumin seeds in the oil.
- Add goat meat and onion. Fry them for about 4-5 minutes until the onion gets brown.
- Break the cardamon pods and add them into the pressure cooker.
- Chop the coriander and put the root and stem in the pressure cooker. Leave the leaves aside for garnishing.
- Add all the other ingredients except for water.
- Mix them well and fry them for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and cover the pressure cooker. Cook for 20 minutes on a medium heat.
- Once it's ready, garnish it with the coriander leaves. Enjoy!!
- Goat meat curry can be served with steamed rice or flat bread.