This is a mild-flavoured accompaniment that goes well with rice or bread. The key to this recipe is that the cheese is properly melted while the egg is not over-cooked.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 50g tasty grated cheese
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Few cracks of pepper
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat
- Fry onion with sugar. Make sure the onion does not get brown to retain the crunchiness of the onion.
- Crack 2 eggs straight into the pan and mix it quickly with the onion. Don't let the eggs fully cook.
- Immediately add grated cheese, salt and crack some pepper on top and mix them well.
- As the cheese starts to melt, turn off the heat. The cheese will melt on the hot pan itself.
- Serve it hot.