Caramel custard is a simple sweet dessert you can make at home with only three ingredients. The ingredients are easily available in anyone's home.
Ingredients for making custard:
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of water
Step 1 - Preparing caramel:
- Put sugar and water in a small pan and turn on the heat.
- Let the sugar caramelise.
- Pour the caramelised sugar into a over-proof container/bowl.
- Turn the container around to let the caramelised sugar spread in the bowl.
- Put the container in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bring the sugar and milk to the boil.
- Let it sit for a while until the milk gets warm.
- Whisk the egg.
- Mix the warm milk and egg.
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Take the caramelised sugar (from step 1) out of the fridge.
- Pour the custard (from step 2) into the container with caramelised sugar.
- Cover it with the aluminium foil.
- Put hot water in a large baking tray about half full.
- Put the container in the baking tray.
- Throw it in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven.
- Run a knife around the edges of the set custard to release it from the container.
- Cover the container with a plate and turn the whole thing upside down.