Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I bought some chicken wings. I used the drumettes and the wings for roasting. I was left with the tips of the wings. I came up with the idea of making chicken soup with the left-overs so nothing gets wasted. It is a healthy winter soup with dumplings, fish balls and green leafy vegetables. I prefer to use buk choy because of the crunchiness of the shoot.



Ingredients:
  • 300g of chicken wing tips
  • A bunch of buk choy, chopped
  • 1 red chilli, finely chopped
  • 3-4 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped and leave the shoots aside
  • 5-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • Small piece of ginger, finely chopped
  • 150g fish balls
  • 1 litre water
  • Salt as taste
  • Few cracks pepper
  • 2 pieces of star anise
  • Few bean sprouts
  • 1 tablespoon oil
Click here for the ingredients and preparation method for dumplings. Alternatively, you may use ready-made dumplings from the market but I prefer to make my own.

Preparation:
  • Heat oil in a pot. Fry the chicken wing tips for 3-4 minutes.
  • Add a litre of water.
  • Add ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onion shoots and star anise.
  • Boil in a medium heat until the wings get soft. It might take about 20-25 minutes.
  • Now the soup is ready. Drain the soup from the wings. Set the wings aside.
  • Put the soup back in the pot. Add the dumplings and fish balls. Put salt and pepper. Boil it for 5-6 minutes.
  • Turn off the heat. Add buk choy and stir it well.
  • Serve while hot. Garnish with finely chopped chilli, spring onions and bean sprout. You may also add a bit of lemon juice and mint.


3 comments:

    mysimplefood said...
    Nice idea on the chicken wing tips!! No wastage!
  1. ... on June 30, 2010 at 12:19 AM  
  2. mom of 5 daughters said...
    Oh, this is a great post. My daughter especially will love this (she loves eating with chopsticks). She has been making some interesting Asian food over the last few months and she just returned from a trip (with a group of high school students) to Japan two days ago.
    I found your blog on blogfrog, it's great and I will become a follower!
  3. ... on July 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM  
  4. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    @mysimplefood, yes absolutely no wastage! Why waste when you can use, right?

    @mom of 5 daughters, thanks for following my blog. Your daughter might also like my dumpling recipe.
  5. ... on July 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.