Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


This is one of my favourite dishes. I often like to eat various flavours of Laksa. Few days ago I attempted my own fish ball and beef Laksa. I thought it would be complicated but I found it quite simple and easy to make. Please tell me what you think about this recipe and share your views.



Severs 2

Ingredients:
  • 200ml lite coconut cream
  • 800ml chicken stock
  • 1/2 jar Laksa paste
  • 250g fish balls


  • 200g beef
  • 1/2 onion
  • 3-4 cloves garlic
  • Small piece of ginger
  • 1 red chilli (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
  • 2 tablespoon oil
  • 100g rice vermicelli noodle
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 small lime juice
  • Few pieces of deep fried tofu
  • Few bean sprouts
  • Finely chopped spring onion
Preparation:
  • Boil the beef until cooked. Slice it into small pieces and set it aside.
  • Put rice vermicelli noodles in boiling water and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the water and set it aside.
  • Cut onion, garlic, ginger, red chilli and put them in a blender. Add shrimp and 1/2 cup water and blend it well to form a paste.
  • Heat the oil in a pot. Pour the blended paste and cook it for about 5 minutes.
  • Add Laksa paste and further cook for few minutes.
  • Add coconut milk and chicken stock and bring it to boil.
  • Add salt and sugar.
  • Drop fish balls, beef and tofu into the pot, Simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Add the lime juice and stir it well. The laksa soup is ready.
  • Put the noodle in the serving bowl and add pour the laksa soup on top.
  • Garnish laksa with few bean sprouts and spring onion.


4 comments:

    Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...
    This bowl of laksa makes me drooling..simply look delicious.
  1. ... on June 23, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
  2. mysimplefood said...
    I made laksa today too :)
  3. ... on June 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM  
  4. Lilian said...
    Yummy! You Laksa makes my mouth waters and think back to all the Laksa I used to eat when I was in Malaysia.

    http://www.lilian-eblog.com
  5. ... on June 24, 2010 at 8:39 AM  
  6. The PĂȘche said...
    Gorgeous. Makes me think of the perfect laksa we had in Sydney. Can't wait to make this.
  7. ... on June 24, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.