Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


This is my simple and quick night-time drink just before going to bed. I've heard drinking hot milk gets you to sleep quickly. I don't know if that's true or just a myth but it surely works for me. Drinking plain milk is sometimes boring. If I am not really full after dinner, I usually drink hot milk with Roasted Vermicelli.

I usually buy Roasted Vermicelli from my local Indian grocery. They also call it Sevai or Sewai. I have found several Sevai pudding recipes on the Internet. I will probably do one for another post in the future. I once tried hot milk with thin Chinese rice noodles and it wasn't good at all. So stick with roasted vermicelli for a better result.




Ingredients:
  • A cup of milk
  • Roasted vermicelli, a bit less than a hand-full (see the third image above)
  • Sugar to taste
Preparation:
  • Add a cup of milk and roasted vermicelli in a saucepan. 
  • Add sugar to taste. 
  • Boil until the vermicelli becomes soft. The roasted vermicelli is very thin. So it takes around 5 minutes or even less in a high heat to cook it.
Since it's a night-time drink, I've kept it simple. If you are having it during the day, you can try adding nuts and cardamom to it for a stronger flavour.

What is your lullaby drink? I hope it's not alcohol.


    2 comments:

      Pam said...
      This looks like a great drink but, I really have to try the kimchi recipe below!
    1. ... on July 22, 2010 at 12:44 AM  
    2. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
      @Pam, let me know how you went with your kimchi. I'd love to hear your experience.
    3. ... on July 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM  
    All recipes are on Petitchef

    Like My Blog? Follow Me

    Like Me on Facebook

    Grab My Badge

    Spoon and Chopsticks

    Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.