Follow Me on Twitter
Spoon and Chopsticks Facebook Page
Follow by email:


I have done something different with my scones this time- turned them into quick and simple mini burgers. Mini burgers are great to serve at a party and are enjoyed by kids and adults alike.



Ingredients:
  • Scones (Click here to learn how I made home-baked scones.)
  • Small amount of minced beef to form patties
  • 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • Finely sliced onions
  • Few sliced mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon oil for frying the ingredients and the patties
  • Sauce of your choice
Preparation:
  • Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Lightly fry onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
  • Form thin beef mince patties and fry them on both sides on medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
  • Cut the freshly baked scones in half. If your scones are cold, warm them up in the oven.
  • Place onions, mushrooms and patties on the scone base. Add your choice of sauce. Top with cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.


3 comments:

    Unknown said...
    reminds me of the burgers at sizzler restaurants.

    sure the kids would love making these!
  1. ... on July 25, 2010 at 1:53 PM  
  2. Cristina - Teenie Cakes said...
    I like what you've done with these scones. These look like tasty sandwiches for any meal of the day! :)
  3. ... on July 26, 2010 at 1:41 AM  
  4. Spoon and Chopsticks said...
    @Ann and @Cristina:
    Thanks for your comments. I wanted to do something with my freshly baked scones and turning them into mini burgers was indeed worth a try.
  5. ... on July 28, 2010 at 11:20 PM  
All recipes are on Petitchef

Like My Blog? Follow Me

Like Me on Facebook

Grab My Badge

Spoon and Chopsticks

Copy and paste the text below on your blog's sidebar widget.