I tried this recipe few weeks ago when I was quite uncertain about what I should prepare for lunch. I thought the rich and spicy flavours of kimchi would nicely complement the rice noodles. It turned out to be a great dish. It is very easy to prepare and your can have it for your lunch or dinner. It includes all the good ingredients such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, mince and kimchi. Kimchi already has fish sauce, spring onions, Chinese cabbage and radish in it. Read my kimchi post to learn how to make kimchi at home.
- 100g boiled rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 small sized onion, finely sliced
- Small bowl of kimchi
- Few mushrooms, sliced
- Few cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 100g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil rice noodles until cooked and drain water.
- Fry onion and beef mince in a tablespoon of oil until the beef is browned.
- Fry the rice noodles for a few minutes.
- Add kimchi and stir well for not more than a minute just to heat the kimchi. Remove from the heat immediately to make sure the kimchi is not overcooked.
- There is no need to add salt, pepper or other sauce because kimchi already has salt and spicy flavours in it.
- Garnish with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.